How Do You Diagnose An Air Conditioner Problem?￼
Air conditioners have become essential to every homeowner’s life, especially in areas with high summer temperatures.
Unfortunately, many homeowners have issues with their air conditioning units periodically. If your air conditioner system begins to malfunction, there are numerous steps you can take to diagnose and fix the problem.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
When diagnosing AC problems, there are a few obvious culprits. Here’s everything you need to know about common AC issues.
- A Circuit Breaker Tripped: If your air conditioner isn’t turning on, the first thing to check is the circuit breaker. Overloading the circuit is a common cause of tripped breakers, especially during summer when AC units work harder to cool your space. A power outage can also cause your AC system to trip the breaker. To fix the issue, locate the circuit breaker for your air conditioner and turn it off completely. Wait a few moments before switching it back on. This should reset the breaker and allow your AC to start functioning again.
- Thermostat Problems: A malfunctioning thermostat can prevent your AC system from turning on. If troubleshooting the thermostat doesn’t work, it may need to be replaced. This should be done by a professional who can determine if there’s an electrical fault or if a replacement is necessary. Contact a trusted professional for assistance.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Several methods exist to diagnose a refrigerant leak before your air conditioner stops working. If your air conditioner isn’t cooling your home, your utility costs are increasing for no apparent reason, or you hear a hissing sound, you most likely have a refrigerant leak.
Diagnosing and repairing your refrigerant problem may appear simple, but this is another job for a reliable AC tune-up in Galliano, LA specialist. They can readily evaluate your refrigerant levels and make any required modifications.
- Inspect Compressor: When the compressor fails to function effectively, the air conditioner does not perform to its full potential and sometimes stops functioning. The cause could be a burned wire, a faulty start capacitor, or a faulty compressor.
To repair a malfunctioning compressor in your AC, clean the condenser coil, inspect the capacitor, clean the outdoor unit’s fan, and replace the compressor.
- Frozen Coils: When your AC coils freeze, you may notice problems with airflow, low refrigerant levels, or the fan’s operation. Even if you confirm that the coils are frozen, you may still require the services of AC repair professionals in Lockport, LA., to diagnose and repair the underlying source of the problem.
Keep in mind that some air conditioner problems require the assistance of a professional to safeguard your safety and the efficiency of your air conditioning system.
If you need reliable AC installation in Galliano, LA, don’t hesitate to call the trusted professionals at Martin’s Heating & Air Conditioning. Our expert professionals can handle any of your air conditioner needs.