What Should I Do About My Noisy Furnace
While a certain level of noise from your furnace is expected, it should not disturb your or your neighbor’s sleep. Loud noises emanating from your furnace are usually a sure sign that your furnace needs help. Try to identify the issue yourself before jumping to conclusions.
With Martin’s Heat and Air Conditioning, you don’t have to look much further for furnace services in Galliano, LA.
What is the Problem?
Knowing that your furnace may have a problem is one thing, but figuring out what that problem is can be a daunting challenge for most homeowners.
Here is a brief description of some everyday noises from your furnace that you might be experiencing and what may cause them.
- Clicking Noise: Your furnace generates heat through the combustion of gas in an ignition chamber. If you hear clicking noises, there is a problem with the ignition system. Check if the wiring is connected and if the flame sensors and the burners are clean. The sound can also be due to a broken fan
- Banging Noise: Locate the source of the sound. If it’s coming from the furnace, the issue may be related to the ignition chamber. If the sound is coming from elsewhere in the house, inspect the ducts for any loose or damaged sections
- Whistling Sounds: This indicates a broken blower or a problem with the airflow itself. For example, if the blower fans haven’t been cleaned in a while, the accumulated debris will make the blower draw more power to work, generating noises.
- Buzzing Noise: This can be due to several faulty components in your furnace. For example, problems with the inducer motor, blower motor, or an old transformer or capacitor can be the culprit.
- Rattling Noise: Rattling sounds generally are an indication that there is a loose or broken part inside your furnace. Rarely, it can also be due to cracks in the heat exchanger.
What Should I do?
Martin’s Heat and Air Conditioning’s experienced technicians will respond the same day you contact us.
We also recommend scheduling a heating tune-up in Galliano before the advent of winter to ensure that your furnace works smoothly throughout the season. In addition, we offer maintenance plans with attractive benefits and discounts.