Why Is My Heat Pump Not Heating My Home?
With the winter season already here, you cannot make any compromises with your heating system. Sometimes, there are fast difficulties that your package performs depending on the type of heating failure you are facing. However, if you find it unfixable, maybe it’s time to rely on an expert technician.
Common Heat Pump Issues
If you’re freezing up despite having a sound reliable HVAC system, you need to reconsider your choices and get in touch with a professional soon. Before calling for help, understand what is wrong with the heating pump. Here are the following ways and reasons to help you out;
- The Heat Pump is Frozen: If you are tuning for heat pump repair from Raceland, LA, there is a likelihood that your order has iced up itself. It gets cold up there! There is a defrost mode to get rid of all that ice, but never allow it to settle on the coils as it might cause the compressor failure.
- Outside Unit Blocked: So much can go wrong with the outside unit. It might get blocked or have no power at all.
- The Thermostat: Make sure that it has the heat setting on.
- Exterior Units Power: The exterior unit has a power switch on the exterior wall from where the unit lines run into your house. If they are tripped, flip them back on. You might end up with a blown-up fuse at times. Purchasing the one right for your heating pump from reliable providers determines your system’s lifeline.
- Blocked Airflow: The airflow can be blocked by debris or pet hair.
- Overused Filters: Filters that have not been replaced in months or even years might decrease the performance of your heating system. According to the details in your heating system’s manual, change them at the given recommended frequency.
Importance of Tune-Ups
Heat pumps that are not properly maintained are more likely to experience issues, often resulting in frequent replacements every few years. To avoid this costly and inconvenient situation, it’s important to schedule regular maintenance and tune-ups for your heating unit. In fact, it’s recommended to have at least two maintenance tune-ups each year.
Consider using a reputable provider in your area to ensure the best possible service. For example, in Lockport, LA, residents can rely on Martin’s Heating & Air Conditioning for all their heating service needs. With over 50 years of experience and 24/7 service in surrounding areas, you can trust us to keep your heat pump running smoothly and efficiently. Don’t let unexpected expenses ruin your day – prioritize regular maintenance to keep your heat pump in top condition.
Need Professional Help?
Once you are fed up with changing one part or another of your HVAC unit, you should call for a heating tune-up in Galliano, LA. Whatever the issue, whether it is a block of ice eating up your filters, or a faulty thermostat that refuses to allow your system to blow hot air, Martin’s Heating & Air Conditioning can fix it all.